Includes GIFs for
Why bother suggesting?
But of course, it's easier if you know what my 'why' is. So: I expect technical awesomeness. Style and voice above all. Grammatical perfection is not always appropriate in creative nonfiction.
Is it well paced? Is the hook solid? Is it well-researched? Is the message conveyed without a direct statement? Also, voice voice voice voice voice. Voice.
- No misinformation. I majored in science. Cite your sources, too.
- I don't like metafiction. It's personal and unreasonable, and that's why I'm not the only CV.
I flove humor, horror, transgressive, and nonfiction because they are sadly underrated. I'd also like to see wider cultural representation, which is admittedly tricky because the English has to be up to a minimum standard (or with a translation from an actual human person). I've not had the best of luck with Diwali features, but I did manage Yule a grand total of once. u:
- One suggestion per note. Please put the author/title of what you're suggesting in the subject line. Only note one person at a time. I will tell you I'm not going to feature it, so wait until then to resuggest.
- No contest entries if the contest is still running.
- The preview needs to be used with permission and credited. If it's something you took yourself, having that in the Artist's Comments is very helpful.
- I'm trying not to feature people twice in a row, but I can check for that myself.
- Suggesting someone with multiple DDs? I'd like to see improvement and/or a big stylistic difference. They already know they can do that one thing right.
- Je lis mieux que j'écris en français. Je pense pouvoir comprendre les textes écrit en français, même si je lis très lentment. Tant pis. Mais parce que le site est surtout en anglais, je nécessite une traduction anglaise pour une DD. (La traduction n'est pas forcée d'être merveilleuse. Seulement en anglais, je vous en prie.)
- मेरे को थोड़ी सी हिंदी आती है, लेकिन ये साईट अंग्रेजी मैं है, इस लिए कृपया अंग्रेजी भी शामिल करना । (पथ है की शायद सभ अक्षरों गलत लिखे है, गूगल की बतकिस्मत मुझ पैर आगई ।)
If you have any questions, ask ask ask! Just keep in mind that I work full time, and like videogames and reading Nature. Sometimes, I even have a life.
You have the right to not like everything. I don't know if you noticed, but the site's kind of gigantor now.
The artist does not choose the feature! Doesn't matter if it's a self suggestion or otherwise. FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
I don't mind notes asking me why I featured something (or a profile comment if you want to keep it public). Since notes are private space, I consider it highly unprofessional to share their content without permission. So you can say anything there, unless it straight-up violates the Terms of Service.
Anyway, props to you for reading through this! Here, have an explosion. (Also props to pica-ae for giving me a solid GIF source.)