Includes GIFs for
Why bother suggesting?
But of course, it's easier if you know what my 'why' is. So: I expect technical awesomeness. By which I mean a clear sense of style and voice: grammar/spelling flubs happen on a global site (and every single book I've ever read). Readability matters more. Or, this.
- No misinformation. I majored in science. (Cite your sources, too.)
- I don't like metafiction. It's personal and unreasonable, and that's why I'm not the only CV.
- Here is a list of literature dealbreakers. Please note that reading it isn't necessary or expected.
Please read this article on enjambment and make sure you've taken those elements into consideration. I cannot enumerate how many interestingly-worded, reasonably-deviced works I haven't been able to get through because the linebreaks made no sense. (Kudos to beeinthebottle for linking me.)
I extra-love humor, horror, transgressive, and nonfiction because they are sadly underrated.
- One suggestion per note. Please put the author/title of what you're suggesting in the subject line. Only note one person at a time. I will tell you I'm not going to feature it, so wait until then to resuggest.
- No contest entries if the contest is still running.
- The preview needs to be used with permission (which includes stock imagery). This is an ART website, Google isn't a resource. 40 hours of work isn't window dressing for your novel's first draft.
- If it has over 200 favorites, I won't feature it unless I really, really can't have it any other way.
- I'm trying not to feature people twice in a row, but I can check for that myself.
- Suggesting someone with multiple DDs? I'd like to see improvement and/or a big stylistic difference. They already know they can do that one thing right.
Also, the style needs to live up to the content. This is 'Literature,' not BBC News.
- Je lis mieux que j'écris en français. Je pense pouvoir comprendre les textes écrit en français, même si je lis très lentment. Tant pis. Mais parce que le site est surtout en anglais, je nécessite une traduction anglaise pour une DD. (La traduction n'est pas forcée d'être merveilleuse. Seulement en anglais, je vous en prie.)
- मेरे को थोड़ी सी हिंदी आती है, लेकिन ये साईट अंग्रेजी मैं है, इस लिए कृपया अंग्रेजी भी शामिल करना । (पथ है की शायद सभ अक्षरों गलत लिखे है, गूगल की बतकिस्मत मुझ पैर आगई ।)
If you have any questions, ask ask ask! Just keep in mind that I work full time, and like videogames and reading Nature. Sometimes, I even have a life.
You have the right to not like everything. I don't know if you noticed, but the site's kind of gigantor now.
The artist does not choose the feature! Doesn't matter if it's a self suggestion or otherwise. FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
I don't mind notes asking me why I featured something (or a profile comment if you want to keep it public). Since notes are private space, I consider it highly unprofessional to share their content without permission. So you can say anything there, unless it straight-up violates the Terms of Service.
Anyway, props to you for reading through this! Here, have an explosion. (Also props to pica-ae for giving me a solid GIF source.)