Nothing is guaranteed. Of course we'll look over each request carefully and let you know as soon as possible, but there are times when our resources may already be stretched thin.
We'd love to promote community-organized contests whenever possible, so don't let this stop you!
There are some expectations: if you've never run a contest before and participation is uncertain, that's probably not going to stand up so well to a group contest that's being going for four years and already has people sending in their entries. If you're not sure, go ahead and fill it out and we'll let you know what we think.
Just looking to promote your contest? Read here on submitting your news. You don't have to fill this out if that's all you're looking to do.
Please note the group with the answers to these questions. Provide links to relevant journals/blogs/folders with all questions marked with an asterisk (*). Try to give us at least a month's notice, as the shorter the timescale the less we'll be able to do.
- What do you want from us?
- When do you want it?
- What resources do you already have committed?*
- Have you run a contest before?*
- Have you run this contest before?*
- How many entries are you expecting?
- What will entrants get out of this (besides cool prizes—will they learn new techniques or styles)?
- What does this add to the lit community?
This wouldn't be a blog by me without a GIF, so....
Send us your best!